Win fame, adoration, worldwide acclaim… and maybe a bottle of wine!
Submit your entry for the NDLSA / Wind Rose Winery special wine bottling label.
The official rules of The New Dungeness Light Station Association (NDLSA) Digital Photo & Art Contest
The purpose of this contest is to select the label photo or artwork for a limited edition bottling of the first New Dungeness Light Station commemorative wine to be produced by Wind Rose Winery, Sequim, WA as a fundraiser for the maintenance of the Light Station.
The NDLSA Digital Photo & Art Contest (“Contest”) is open to all; however, anyone under twenty-one years of age must have the signed approval of a parent or guardian. Each entry must be accompanied by the $10 entry fee, which will be used to offset the cost of production of the labels and promotional materials.
The “Contest” is sponsored by The New Dungeness Light Station Association. This “Contest” is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, any other entity.
The “Contest” begins at 12:00 a.m. PST on December 15, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on February 15, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Photo Contest.
WHAT TO ENTER
To ensure eligibility for the contest, please submit files no larger than 20MB at the time of entry. Higher resolution files of at least 240 dpi/ppi will be requested should an entry be preselected to be awarded the grand prize or an honorable mention. All entries must depict the New Dungeness Light Station.
Entries may originate in any format—including, but not limited to, digital files, digital prints, color transparencies, color prints, or black and white prints — so long as they are submitted electronically in a .JPEG, .jpg, or.png form. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single “High Dynamic Range” image are acceptable.
Entries should include metadata (image size, resolution, exposure settings, etc) if at all possible.
Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license (see “Your Rights” below). You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to NDLSA upon request.
If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to The NDLSA upon request.
The following submissions are ineligible:
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife, or damage to the environment by the photographer/artist.
The NDLSA shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.
HOW TO ENTER
- Fill out the form at the bottom of this page and press SUBMIT.
- Send your contest label image as en email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send $10 per entry by check, PayPal or have us call for your credit card.
All images must be submitted though the photo/art submission email link, including all required fields, including name, email and other information about your submission.
Only entries submitted via e-mail and including the appropriate digital file(s) will be considered.
You may enter an unlimited number of times as long as each entry contains all required information and is accompanied by the requisite entry fee. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
Entrants may be asked to supplement their submission (such as with a paragraph about their photo or the highest resolution version of their photo/art) anytime on or after February 15, 2017.
Sending a check for $10 for each entry by snail-mail is the preferred method. Or click HERE to submit your $10 entry fees by PayPal.
Photos/artwork will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and subject matter relevance to the New Dungeness Light Station. Judging will be conducted by a panel of guest judges to be selected by the NDLSA at its sole discretion (the “Panel”). All judging decisions are final. The NDLSA will notify the winner via the contact information provided at the time of entry.
POTENTIAL WINNER REQUIREMENTS
Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, including proof of age, and liability/publicity release within 14 days. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to return these documents on time, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place.
The NDLSA will award the following prizes.
One (1) overall Grand Prize winner will receive:
- Two bottles of the limited release New Dungeness wine featuring your artwork, signed by the winemaker and engraved with the winners name.
- One year free membership in the New Dungeness Light Station Association.
- Your photo or artwork featured on the NDLSA website and published in the Foghorn, the newsletter of the NDLSA.
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to “email@example.com”
Your photographs/art help The NDLSA protect the Light Station for enjoyment of future generations. The Light Station is maintained solely through donations and receives no federal, state or local tax monies.
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit–including ownership if applicable.
If you submit an entry to enter the Contest, you grant The NDSLA a royalty-free, nonexclusive right to:
- Display the photograph/artwork on the NDLSA website.
- Allow third parties to share the photograph/artwork on the following social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.
If your photograph/artwork is formally honored by the competition as a winner or an honorable mention, you grant The NDLSA a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity to:
- Use the photograph/artwork on the Internet and in Social Media in support of our mission.
- Use the photograph/artwork in The NDLSA internal and external communications materials including, but not limited to, web sites and web publications, fact sheets, fund raising publications, advertising, multimedia, presentation and membership services, and annual report.
- Provide your photograph/artwork to other individuals and organizations for NDLSA-related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, videos, membership premiums, and the like.
- Use, in connection with the Contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Retain a digital copy of your photograph/artwork that will be archived in The NDLSA photo library and accessible to NDLSA staff via the internal online photo archive.
The NDLSA will endeavor to credit all photographs/artwork with the caption “Person’s Name” when the full name is available.
In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless The NDLSA and each of its respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Photo Contest; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) late or undelivered mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Photo Contest; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorney’s fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
When you enter, you will automatically become an e-supporter of The NDLSA. This includes special event invitations, digital messages and an e-newsletter. You may cancel and unsubscribe at any time.
PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY
Except where prohibited, you consent to NDLSA use of your name in any list of winners (if applicable) and for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.