Since 1995, the NDLSA has spent more than $1.2 million to preserve and protect the New Dungeness Lighthouse for future generations. The Association receives no financial assistance from any level of government. It really does take a “village” of support to keep the light shining!
In addition to making a donation, you can support NDLSA by:
- Maintaining a membership or purchasing a guest membership n the Association.
- Participating in the Keeper Program.
- Purchasing NDLSA merchandise.
- Arranging for a planned gift.
Additional support is provided by local businesses, foundation grants, U.S. Fish & Wildlife and the United States Coast Guard.
Planned Giving to Ensure the Future of the New Dungeness Lighthouse
In 1994, the Coast Guard turned the stewardship of the New Dungeness Lighthouse over to NDLSA to preserve it for future generations. By supporting this organization with a planned gift, you can help ensure that this Northwest icon endures. The following summary provides a quick overview of some of the legacy giving options available to you that will help us keep the light shining for years to come.
If your goal is to:
- Make a quick and easy gift – You can send us a check or [donate] on the website. We can use the funds immediately and since we area a 501c3 nonprofit organization, the donation is fully tax deductible.
- Avoid tax on capital gains – By donating long term appreciated securities you will receive a charitable tax deduction and play no capital gains tax.
- Defer a gift until after your lifetime – By including a bequest to NDLSA in your will or trust it will be exempt from federal estate tax.
There are other options for leaving a legacy of support for the New Dungeness Lighthouse. Please keep in mind that your individual circumstances need to be considered before taking any action. As with all tax and estate planning, please consult your attorney or estate specialist. For more information about a planned gift, please call the General Manager at 360-683-6638.